Objective of this study:
Validate CRASH score predictive value on adverse events in a geriatricpopulation of Non Hodgkin Lymphoma patients.
- Among patients with Low or Med-Low CRASH score, n=35/40 (87%), have no adverse event.
- Among patients with High or Med-HighCRASH score, n=36/77 (47%),have adverse events.
- The data collected confirm the preliminary results presented in 2014 (SIOG Lisbonne) and highlight the good predictive value of CRASH score for adverse events occurrence.
- Occurrence of adverse events is significantly different between the High group and Low group, p=0.0002. (Pearson's Chi-squared test)
- CRASH score objectives that quite half patients with High or Med-High risk have serious adverse events associated with chemotherapy.
- For most frail patients, management have to be adapted to their real health status.
- According to these results, we started a personalized management with a proactive care organization for all patients of the High group CRASH score eligible to chemoherapy.
- This personalised follow-up includes:
- A close phone follow-up by the nurse care manager and a free direct oncall for patient.
- Report to all the medical team when treatment starts:
- Familly physician about hospitalization if necessary
- Hospitals (refferal and peripheral hospitals)
- Hematology and geriatrics departments
- We are considering to evaluate the impact of this managment, on the occurrence of long-term serious side effects